Friday, November 18, 2011

Shellie Lynn at 6 Months

Blog 1: Shellie Turns 6 months!
I have been horrible at blogging since she was born so I'll try and catch up on her goings on and her life. I have to use pictures to remember what's been happening so bear with me.

When Shellie was about 4 months old we took our first trip to Seattle to visit Papa Brian and Auntie Melissa and Uncle Marc and all her cousins. We had a blast that week. We didn't want to come home. It was a great break from my wonderful two year old. My dad actually had surgury on his shoulder while I was there and I got to see my dad all stoned out on pain killers. It was hilarious. We got to eat at a lot of Yummy restaurants native to Washington and also got to go see my daddy's cabin that he built from scratch. We got to ride is quads while we visited the cabin too. I can't wait til we get to spend some much needed vacation out there!
So this is Shellie sleeping and smiling on her first plane ride.

We also got to go to the Puyallup Fair while I was in Seattle. This is one of my favorite childhood memories so it was a blast to spend a day with my sister alone and enjoy our childhood together.

Before I left for Washington, My grandma came to visit all of us. This is Shellie with her Great Grandma(My mama's mommy).

We've also have started to try and give Shellie cereal. She doesn't much like it.

For Halloween this year my babies were birds of a feather together. Costumes were lended by some great friends. They were both so cute. Though EVERYONE called Emry a girl and Shellie a boy? Do you know a lot of boys that wear white and pink bows in their hair or penguin hair?
We had a blast for Halloween. The kids got to Trick or Treat around Down town, the mall, hospital and our Church's trunk or treat. We also had a church party where tons of food and games were had. SO FUN!

I think this is just a random picture of her?

Prince Pea sleeping


Another baby penguin sleeping


If you're cute and you know pop your collar :) My very very good friend(Auntie Kristin) made these cute bows for Shellie. I love them so much especially because NO ONE has them! YAY! We were in Washington in this pic.


Shellie has started to sit on her own and she's practicing in this picture. She hasn't really rolled over very well yet. She did a couple time and hasn't since. She never spends time on the ground so that's probably why. She is a VERY needy baby. She can't stand to not be held and she has a HORRID high pitch scream when she is hungry, tired, not held right, not looked at right, not sung to right, not rocked right, lets be honest. SHE DOES IT ALLLLLL THE TIME, UNLESS someone else is around. Then she's a sweet princess that everyone loves and they think I'm a liar. HA just ask daddy, she totally screams ALL the time.



A couple weeks ago she went 10 days without a #2 and she was just miserable and stunk SO bad. She finally went and has been trying to get a routine down with is. Her tummy still hurts her daily.

This is a video of Shellie in Washington with her Auntie Melissa. Auntie was able to get Shellie to really laugh for her first time. Mommy and Daddy have been really struggling to get much more out of her since then.


Shellie is a wonderful baby despite her lack of sleep, tons of crying and neediness. She loves to smile and you and hold your face. She coo's at you and just talks away. She says I love you a ton. It's really cute. She loves her brother to bits. He plays so many games with her. His favorite is keep away. He decides what toys she wants or doesn't want and distributes them as he sees fit. It's funny but she doesn't much like her toys being taken away. He loves to give Shellie hugs and kisses and blow raspberries on her tummy. He loves to say prayers with her and hold her. He tells her he loves her, " Hawaii baby" is what it sounds like. SO CUTE!


She has grown up so fast. I am so sad she's my last baby and I feel like I haven't gotten as much time with her as I did with Emry. Emry takes up a lot of my time so Shell just gets thrown on a hip and put on the back burner. I worry she won't progress like she should but I hope both my kids will get more attention very soon.


Shellies hair has started to grow in a lot better. She still has her skunk tail on top of her head that never fell out. It almost touches her eyes in the front now. She just had her 6 month appointment and did not like her shots one bit. She weighs 15 lbs 6 oz and was still 26 inches long. She didn't grow at all form 5 months. She still has a small head, but so did I.


Shellie I love you with all my heart and you are my specail baby girl. I am so happy that I was lucky enough to have you. You're a blessing and complete our family. I want you to know that I will always love you and you will always be our Lucky 13 baby.


Kisses from mommy.

No comments: