Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emry 13 Days Old!!

So our baby boy is officially 13 Days OLD!!! Man time is flying. He has his two week check up tomorrow. He's so excited! So here's the low down....
Emry was born Wednesday the 25Th and we went home on Thursday. He was doing really great when we left he hospital but still needed to go to the Dr the next day to have him checked for jaundice and such. Well we went to the Dr and discovered that he had dropped to 6 lbs 4 ounces so we were really scared he was eating like we thought he was. Though he wasn't crying for food so we thought he was eating. Felt like he was eating that's for sure. So we were advised to keep trying to feed him and if it didn't improve over the weekend then to give him a bottle. I started pumping just to have bottles just in case. We gave a few here and there because it's a lot lot easier to give him a bottle at three in the morning after he's cried for an hour because mom's nipples are cooperating. Anyway the Dr also told us he was tongue tied so we had to get his tongue clipped so he could eat more easily since his tongue can't move up to do the massaging it needs to do to get milk. He's still eating good. We went to the Dr on Monday to have his circumcision done and he weighed 6 lbs 7 ounces so gained three ounces in 3 days! We were SO happy! Then on Thursday he had his tongue appointment which the Dr decided that he didn't need to be clipped yet. He wants to see if nature will work its course and stretch his tongue since he's eating so good. So Saturday we discover that our baby just plain smells so bad! We didn't know if he had an infection on the circumcision or if his belly button leftover was infected. We get to the Dr and he says awe no he's fine. UGH WE WERE SO ANNOYED!!! We paid 62 bucks for his to not even look or smell the boy! Anyway we weighed him again and he was 6 lbs 14 ounces! Back to his birth weight!! We were SO dang happy! So he was supposed to have reached in by his two week visit so we're hoping for over seven pounds tomorrow. I can't wait to find out! So Emry is doing great. He is such a great baby. He has some bad nights where he wants to fuss and cry a bit and not sleep but other than that he's fantastic. Better than either of us expected! He just loves to stare around. He loves lights and music. Especially his swing. He loves to hold your hand when he's eating so when daddy is home it's great to have that extra hand! He loves to sneeze and fart. Which he now is starting to smile when it's coming on. It's really adorable. He has a giant dimple on his face that he got from his Grandpa Anderson! We've only gotten to see it twice so far. We can't wait for the real smiles and giggles. Last night when he was crying for food and trying to eat he said his first word! I swear! Devin's my witness. He said momma while screaming into my breast trying to latch on... It was hilarious!! Oh man. He knows when daddy gets home he starts to spaz out and grabbing every direction waiting for daddy's kiss. I love it!! Devin doesn't believe me. I need to record it today for him. He is falling us around the room when we move now too! And holding his head up really good too thought not for long. He hates when we leave him in a room alone too. He starts talking like HEY HEY what are you doing!!! OH he does this too when mom and dad kiss. It's so cute. Okay I'm not sure you all want to to read all of this but since this is pretty much my diary of our life right now you get to read every thought I have.
Mom is doing great too! She keeps getting told she DOES NOT look like she just had a baby. I beg to differ. But I did weigh myself when I left the hospital and then at the Dr's on Saturday. I have dropped about 15 pounds so far. I'm about 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight granted most of that weight was muscle mass so I'm about 12 pounds from my normal okay weight. But I feel great! I love feeling somewhat skinny again. I can move around though I'm still not supposed. But I feel fantastic knowing I can do what I want because I don't have to protect a kid inside me. I love not being pregnant!! LOVE IT and so does Devin. VERY VERY MUCH! poor guy. I think he'll think twice or twenty times when we decided to have our next baby. I love him so much! I however did get an infection in my breast called mastitis which kills kills kills. It is caused by several different things but mostly by Emry's germs getting in through cracks in the nipple. Which to start with the cracks hurt, then to add an infection inside that makes your breast swell like a watermelon! Honestly I keep falling sideways off balance! To the right! Yes it's in the Left one! So weird. Mastitis makes you feel like you have the flu. Fever, chills, nausea, sweats, and major major body pain. It hasn't been fun. But it's on the mend and Emry is doing great even though I'm taking medicine. He's such a trooper. Okay I don't have anything else on my mind so here's a ton of pictures of our little man. Sorry about the gross one of our little family. It was spur of the moment. I look hideous!


Grandma Shinrock's says he's her little flag. Grandma's...we love them!

This is one of the milk highs....So Alert

Again after eating. He's just so exhausted!

He loves his swing!

Our little family on Saturday. Emry's got his Dukes up again.

Stretching after Eating. Mommy's monkey boy

Devin says this is mommy's scrunchy face. Apparently I do this when I think somethings stupid or just way way wrong.

Daddy and Baby Tummy Time. It put Emry right to sleep!

Oh my! Life is just so hard!!!

He doesn't like flash's.

Daddy's little gangster. So dang little! He barely fits in his seat!!

Auntie Mandi!

4 comments:

Lacie said...

SO SO SO CUTE!! And your family pic is adorable, I wish I was that skinny, you look amazing!!!!!!!!! I am glad you guys are doing better!

Jeremy and Barbara Green said...

Emry is perfect! I still can't believe how small he is. Thanks again for letting me come by on Saturday, it was good to see you. You look so good! Keep up the good work HOT MAMA! :)

Darren and Mandi said...

I know its hard to believe you guys are actually coming back here! ha ha I am surely glad for the company tho. Our boys will grow up right next to each other being best friends! Best friends AND cousins. They share blood!! haha so crazy. I think dwight said were in the 2nd ward?? I dunno, whichever one were supposed to be going to. Thatd be awesome if we were all in the same ward.

Cody and Liesel said...

I love all the pictures!