Thursday, September 9, 2010

Roger

Over Labor day weekend we went over to Utah for a re-funeral at least that's what I had been calling it. We left saturday morning and went and had family pictures done by our friend Liesel. We're really excited to see how they turned out. We haven't done picture of us all since Emry was 6 weeks. So this time we actually paid attention to which clothes we were wearing and I put make-up on. Then we went to my mom's to pick her up and taker her to the airport. After the chores were done, we went to my Dad's hotel for a bit before we left for the cemetary. My aunt Debra, and Uncle Jon and their son Brian and wife Amanda came, and My uncle Steve and his wife Vickie. It was small but very very fun. Which usually funerals are sad but he died 12 years ago and they moved him from California to be with his family here in utah. So he now lies next to his dad. Roger is the brother of my dad, Debra and Steve. We went to Olive Garden after and had dinner. It was so good! We literally stayed for about 4.5 hours! We got to hear tons of stories about everyone and learn about their lives. I regret that my dad's brothers and sisters haven't always been on good terms so it was fun to see them all talking and laughing. I really hope they get together every year.

On another note my Aunt Debra made Emry a BEAUTIFUL quit! It matches perfectly to his room! I was so excited because I have always loved quilts but I have never bought one because quilts have always had some sort of memory with them of who made them etc. So we haven't had any but now Emry does!!! I have wanted one for our bedroom but don't know anyone that would make one for us with the colors in our room. If you know anyone pass the info along please!!!

So after all the emotional days we drove home Sunday and rested for Monday which we spend the day working working working on the stupid lawn. Sorry this post was boring!

No comments: