Monday, September 13, 2010

My FANTASTIC yard!!!

So we have spend months on our yard and it's pretty much done! We have a little bit of work left like pushing the rocks flat in the backyard and decidiing what I want to put around the firepit and Devin has to make his step in the front yard. We didn't get enough grass so next year we'll have a little bit left to do but thats ok. The fact is I'M DONE!! well next year or the year after I have to build a retaining wall in the back yard up by the fence which then will become a gardenish area. I plan on planting some bush's or stuff in the rocks around the front yard. Oh crap I just remember I have to dig the hole for the tree! Ugh I guess I'm not done but close! I found some cool whiskey barrels for 75% off at ace so I have to get some soil and plant my tulips bulbs and bulbs in my garden box in the front yard too. But that part is fun! I might paint the garden box that dark brown color too. Anyway here is the progress of our yard....

Being Built-No fence
Backyard being built

Firepit was the first thing I built.

First part of the front yard getting done. I had to dig a 4 inch trench to put the black landscaping edge in then after I did it realized I really didn't need to dig the trench and the edgiing was too low. So I had to fill it back in.

Second stage. You'll notice in the left back corner I put edging in because we were only going to do a little grass but then I changed my mind to doing the whole yard and so i had to move all the edging and rocks.


Different view

Devin starting the grass in the backyard. it was freezing!!


Devin trenching the front yard

Devin's friend Evan volunteered to come help Devin lay the sod! BIG HELP! I was happy because for once I wasn't doing it all! YAY!!! though i lifted a lot of grass, which by the way I am allergic too, and my arms are scratched up and blubbly from hives. They hurt so bad! Anderson is there little boy and he wasn't feeling good so he needed some daddy love. Just like my boy. he doens't want anything to do with mommy when daddy's around.


backyard done besides the area around firepit and pushing the rocks flat in the back.

Emry playing in his new yard and sand box. We also go these chairs for 75% off at Ace. so we have 2 emry size and 2 Mommy and daddy size. It's fun!

Another view Finished-ish

Another

Finished product except the tree I guess! It'll we on the left side back by the fence alcove area. SO EXCITED!!!!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

It looks great! Love the sandbox for Emry!