Leave it to me to make a joke to start but there ya go. Extra points if you knew that was from Harry Potter.
On Friday I took Emry to Primary Childrens Hospital to have his Heart Murmur checked out. He's had it since he was born and it never went away like all the doctors thought it would. Sadly it progressively got worse and he rose up a couple stages( kind of like cancer one being mild curable cancer to 5 being it's spread throughout your body). There are a lot bigger scale than five numbers though for the heart since there are different chambers etc. Anyway he got a couple tests done and the Cardiologist listened to his heart and has determined that Emry has a hole in his heart.
DEVESTATION hits me. I wasn't expecting that but I kept my composer and didn't cry. I have to take him back on my birthday(25th) for him to have a sedated echocardiogram done to find out the location and size of the hole. Depending on those results, we'll know when he'll need to have surgury and what kind. I'm so sad. I don't want my baby boy to have heart surgury. I feel like I have failed. Like drinking stupid Dr. Pepper when I was pregnant caused this. Ugh I hate this feeling. The tears are coming so I better end this blog.
6 years ago
4 comments:
So sad to hear this. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.
I am so sorry you have to go through this! it can be so scary when you kids are in the hospital. Primary Childrens is AMAZING and I loved that Kenslie was treated so well. You guys will be in our prayers!
I'm sorry sweetheart, what terrible news. But they have such amazing medical advances these days, at least they can fix it. Travis's sister had heart surgery when she was a baby and she's now the mother of 4 and runs marathons. And that was 30 years ago! It's super scary but he will be ok. And it's not your fault, Dr. Pepper never gave anyone a hole in their heart. People do drugs while pregnant and have healthy babies. When do you find out what your new baby is?
I am so sorry. I know the anxiety that goes along with heart murmurs and primary children's. Luckily it's a great hospital and they can do amazing things. We are here for you if you need anything.
Post a Comment