Please take note!
If you are a current mother or future mother this is the big thing I am running into difficultly with now. I have done a lot of research and found that I am not the only one experiencing this problem and it all stems from one thing.
DO NOT TEACH OR LET ANYONE ELSE TEACH YOUR CHILD TO HIGH FIVE!!!!
They learn that hitting is fun and ok. This turns into agressive behavior when the child is tired of bored. Which makes them hit when they are taken away from a situation or not let into a situation.
I'm seriously sick of bloody noises and bruises from Emry. I'm at my wits end on getting him to stop. I've done everything suggested from holding down his hands and firmly and calmly telling him no. Then time out for a minute. It hasn't worked. He just gets more mad and throws a tantrum. And it's not when he's tired. He seems to do it when he knows he's doing something wrong.
We don't hit our kids so the only place he's ever learned or even seen hitting is with high fives.
If anyone has any advice to rectify his anger/hitting problem I am all ears. Please!
6 years ago
1 comment:
I know how you feel, Sawyer was a big hitter but he learned it watching Daddy play Wii boxing. This isn't advice that you'll want, but just don't worry about it, he'll grow out of it. Lots of kids are aggressive, not just yours (although it may feel like it). Just do a standard time out, even if you know he'll just go do it again. As he gets older and can communicate better you can reason with him. For a long time I thought Sawyer was the meanest kid out there, but he's a lot better now and seeing him around other kids has shown us he isn't the only aggressive one. Toddlerhood is a really difficult stage, but they don't stay toddlers forever - thank goodness! Good luck!
Post a Comment