Monday, May 10, 2010

The Anderson Home

We moved into the house last week and have been in love. We can't believe how much space we have. Emry has a favorite cupboard that he climbs inside and closes the door and plays peek-boo with us. He likes to check out every single one to find out what's inside. He's never been allowed in the kitchen before so it's a new adventure for him. I love how much counter space I have to cook with and prep with. However it's very weird to have to take about 8 steps to get across my kitchen where before I took one and turned and I was there.
We've also had to get used to stairs. My legs are a little sore from going up and down all day long. I try to minimize it as much as possible. In the last blog I was frustrated about missing items and I finally found them. The remotes fell out of the door I hid them in and were underneath the drawer. Thank goodness. I left on Wednesday to head to Utah price match and find the best deals on items that we needed right away in the house like blinds. It was a good thing too since at home depot here it would have been about 570 for blinds and I spent 380 at Lowes in Utah. BIG DIFFERENCE! I also found a kitchen table and chairs, a dresser and nightstands for Emry's room when he needs them, a sofa table, some end tables and a 4 poster bed for my room. They are all projects for me so It'll be some time before they show up on here. We also ended up getting a new couch because it was cheaper then buying a love seat to match the couch we had. So now our couch is for sell if anyone needs one please let me know. It was 700 new and it's a year old and selling it for 300. We're also selling a Samsung, stainless steal side by side with water and ice Refridgerator. We haven't decided on a price yet but somewhere around 600.

Our first project we did this weekend was tackle the downstairs blinds and we tried out the paint design we chose on the half bath. Though we have to redo it because we didn't use a primer on the counters it's a good start. It needs touched up and we hadn't decided if we were going to do doors so that's why the jamb isn't painted yet. But we loved out it turned out so we can't wait to do the rest of the house. Once I go get the primer for the cupboards of course.


Before


After

Before


After

Another angle. I love the window in this bathroom.
Future Project: 4 poster bed!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

Fun fun! I'm glad you guys are so happy!