Well the end of the year went by very quickly for Devin and I. We spent time at his parents and my mothers house over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was great to hang out and relax and eat some really really good food!! I do have some pictures but Devin has misplaced(Hopefully!) our camera. We spent the rest of the week looking for non-existent jobs for Devin. Seriously NO ONE is hiring. Not even the usual places you can count on like Convergys and Call centers!! We went to employment agency one after another. Devin would walk in and be handed a business card and come back out with NOTHING!!! I was astonished! Nothing!!!. I guess there are jobs out there but without ten years of experience in dough making, you're out of luck. Yes that really is a job DOUGH MAKING!!!
So that's been our exciting last few days. We bought our vacuum finally so we spent last night cleaning up and organizing the apartment a little more and took down our Christmas tree. Oh man does it feel better to have clean floors and a little more open space! I can't wait to get all our pictures and curtains hung up. Less stuff in boxes=more space!!! We fell asleep early and set an alarm to watch the ball drop which I missed because I couldn't open my eyes. Ironic huh. Then I kissed my husband and attempted to go back to sleep......ha ha I wish!! 5 am was soon around the corner and I sent my husband off to snowmobile again. I hope he's having fun.
I hope everyone is excited for a new year that will definitely be bringing lots of changes. One thing that keeps playing over and over again in my mind is we don't know how much time we have left to enjoy our lives and the many blessings we have. I am very thankful for my beautiful growing family, my friends, and the Gospel. Without these I would be in a hole. Probably a very clean hole, but still a hole. I love you all. Thank you for being a part of our lives. :)
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment